...aha! I know what it needs! A Closet Cure.
Most of the apartment got cured in the Spring (although at the moment it needs a bit of tidying). The closets look the way my bedroom closet used to look when I was a child and Mum told me to clean my room.
Yep. Stuff piled in every which way.
The entryway closet is fine. Haven't worn coats/jackets much since the Spring Cure, so everything is tidy and intact.
The bedroom closet's not bad. However, very few of the clothes that I've accumulated are actually hanging up in there, because they're in...
The writing room closet. It is currently the repository for laundry that needs to be done, Mum's walker (that makes it impossible to close the door), bits and pieces that don't have a home. The laundry baskets eventually need to move into...
The storage closet, which is the bete noir of the whole shebang. You may recall that toward the end of my Spring Cure, things started to be piled willy-nilly into the storage room so that the writing room could be made livable and workable. The time has come to deal with that.
First step must be a laundry marathon. You are going to be amazed at how many items of clothing I own. Totally amazed.
You will have to content yourself with using your imagination for the before-laundry-marathon picture. My frame of mind does not lead to a wish for self-humiliation at the moment.
Stay tuned for a crowded closet picture coming up once the laundry is done. (Note: This could take a while. I'm also participating in a platform-building campaign on my writing blog, sending a picture-book manuscript to a freelance editor for a manuscript evaluation, and re-starting a middle grade novel manuscript, so I'll be fitting the Closet Cure in amidst all that. Writing takes priority over all else.)
Can't wait for the crowded closet pictures!
ReplyDeleteDid you not organize all related closets on the hybrid cure? Wasn't that supposed to be done then :D (I didn't clean closets either, heh)
I just might join your closet cure. My boyfriend got a motor bike this summer and as it happens I needed to get a motor bike suit and helmet too which doesn't fit anywhere! all closets are full!
It would be great if you'd join me! I tried to organize the closets in the Hybrid Cure, but they've un-organized themselves, I think. And the storage room has gone from bad to worse!
ReplyDelete